Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"What's Next, Mon?"

The Wisdom Path is an outdoor replica of the centuries old Heart Sutra, one of the world's best-known prayers that is revered by Confucians, Buddhists and Taoists. The sutra is displayed on wooden pillars placed in the form of a figure eight to symbolize the idea of immeasurable splendor and infinity.

The current Dalai Lama translates the prayer as go, go, go beyond, go thoroughly beyond and establish yourself in enlightenment.




                                                   

                                                                      Po lin Monastery
                                                                           Hong Kong
                                                                      The Wisdom Path

Life Coach

I just had a consultation via telecom with Sylvia, a Life Coach. We've got our first session scheduled.

I just don't know what it is I want to do with the rest of my life - something is missing. She sensed my frustration and this is what she said......

"When someone feels frustration like this it often means they're trying to think through the problem instead of listening more deeply from within."

I'm looking forward to working with her.

Until Friday I'll meditate on the question, "What's next?" and visualize some photos I took of The Wisdom Path a few years ago.


*******************************
A little story about love -

I finished my work out today and had just enough time to get into the steam room, shower and head to Whole Foods. I opened the door to the steam room and there was almost no steam - it wasn't working right, not steamy enough. Some other women sitting in there got frustrated and said things like, "You might know it this blankety-blank steam room would screw up just when I need a detox (I think they may have had too many Pickle-Backs (shot of Irish whisky followed by a shot of pickle juice) to bring in the New Year. "I'm going to get Joyce," one of them said as she stomped out with her towel flapping open showing her hind end. In about 30 seconds this beautiful Jamaican woman with millions of short dreads came in followed by other lady sashaying around like her horse had just come in first. "What the problem here?" Joyce asked in her cool accent as she slowly sprayed some water on the stones. "Got no steam?" she said as she stroked the pearly white tiles with her dark, soft hands. She then bent over and put her forehead on the bench and sang something like "Mi a full joy mi life to the fullness - so yuh give tanks fi life" and walked on out. Just as the door shut the steam started spewing out full blast and the ladies immediately started talking about new clothes and new years resolutions which were all about not eating this and not eating that.

My locker happened to be right next to Joyce's. As I was rubbing some thick lotion into my poor ole feet she was drying hers and putting her shoes on. I smiled at her. "Nice smile," she said. "You was in the steam room - those ladies don't know..... you got to give love in order to get love. They just in there taking the benefit of the steam and never say thank you to the steam. They need to learn.... you got to give love in order to get love."

"You are right Joyce, you are right," I said as I slipped my stuff out of the locker and walked on out feeling pretty lucky. Oh yeah, and pretty clean too. And thankful for mi life full of joy.

********************************

                                                            Yummie Green Sludge


I just made this juice. We call it Green Sludge but it's really tasty. Here's what's in it - 

All organic (I don't juice any conventional foods because of toxins)
2 big bunches of kale
2 apples
1 lemon
6 stalks celery
3 cucumbers
1 inch ginger

(Makes 4 servings)

When I first started juicing I made kale juice that honestly tasted and smelled like pond skum. Not this recipe. Try it some time. 

Kale has a unique quality. This wonderful veggie forms a substance called sulforaphane. This substance causes the liver to make a special enzyme that will detox the chemicals that cause cancer.

Ginger is great for digestion.

Apples are a great source for boron, a mineral important for bone health.

If you don't have a juicer - I got mine at Target for very little money.


Much love,

Donna Rae












No comments:

Post a Comment