Friday, January 13, 2012

Your Greatest Strength.........

Howdy!

Today I've attached 7 exercises -

Knocking On The Door Of Life - Invigorates the Nervous System
Squat - Strengthens lower body
Lunge - Strengthens lower body
Bridge - Strengthens back
Monkey Plays On The Ground - Strengthens Psoas Muscle and abdominals
Criss Cross - Strengthens the entire abdominal area
Back Extension - Strengthens deep muscles that run along your spine

They are each less than a minute long. If any of these exercises hurt any part of your body, do not do that exercise or make a modification so that it does not cause any pain. If you have a history of back pain and you do the back extension exercise - simply lift either one arm at a time or one leg at a time and keep your head down.




                 Knocking On The Door Of Life



                                                                        Squat

                                                                     







                                                                              Lunge - Great for balance



Baby Bridge



Monkey Plays On the Ground






                          Cross Cross

                            

Back Extension


When you have finished repeat the first exercise - Knocking On The Door Of Life

If someone told me I can do only 7 exercises, I was forbidden to do any others - these would be the 7 exercises I would do. They will keep your spine moving, your legs strong and your core (meaning abs and back) strong. They're great to do when you are traveling or when your plane is delayed at the airport. Knocking On The Door Of Life is wonderful if you need to move after sitting at your desk or after a tense meeting or when you first wakeup in the morning while the tea is brewing. 



This is your THINK GOOD message for today - 

THE GREATEST STRENGTH is knowing your goodness inside It's knowing you're a strong, capable woman with vast goodness inside. Pema Chodrin says that no matter what you've done in your life that you are not proud of, it is NOTHING compared to the vast goodness that is inside you. 

We're heading off to San Antonio tomorrow. I look forward to blogging again next week. 

Please email me at donnaraesmith@yahoo.com if you have any questions about the exercises. One little note - my iphone will only email to my blog short segments. I had hoped to send all of these exercises to you in one video. The advantage of one video is that you don't have to click on each exercise to view. The advantage of individual videos is that you can continue to do them for more reps even though the video has stopped. Next I'm going to see what I can do with my camera. 

I'm also just learning about loading the videos into the blog. When the blog posts, they are are not lining up like I had intended for them to. Please bear with me as I become more technically proficient. 

Much love,
Donna Rae

      







No comments:

Post a Comment