Sunday, December 25, 2011

Open your hearts



                                                 Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!!
                                                       (photo from my daughter's home)


Check out these "Rules for Getting Well" from Dr. Jensen's Nutrition Handbook, a great little book I read this summer while I was on retreat at the Omega Institute in New York.

*Learn to accept whatever decision is made
*Let the other person make a mistake and learn
*Learn to forgive and forget
*Be thankful and bless people
*Live in harmony
*Do not talk about your sickness
*Brush your skin daily

Is there one in particular that speaks to you?

They all speak to me but.......as I approach 60, I'm tired of the "do's" and "don'ts" list. I think what all these folks are saying when they list all these great things is this -

OPEN YOUR HEART. OPEN YOUR HEART RIGHT ON UP TO GIVE A BUNCH OF LOVE AND ALSO TO RECEIVE A BUNCH.

Opening your heart can be the best present you give yourself and the best one you can give the universe (meaning people we know, don't know, animals, plants, and beyond).

I'm opening mine up right now and sending it out to all the good nurses and docs and other health care workers that are taking care of people in the hospital on this holiday. Sending some love right to all of them, right on out - and to you too, reading this blog.

In Peace,
Donna Rae


No comments:

Post a Comment